Attention Salem...

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 21:44:57 EST 2005

On 1/17/05 6:27 PM, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2005 at 17:25, Scott Fybush wrote:
>
>> The company with a predilection for bringing back/keeping historic
>> callsigns on AM (WFIL, for instance) might want to note that the WCOP
>> calls just disappeared on Friday from the religious station in
>> Unadilla GA where they'd been living. It's now WQSA - and the WCOP
>> calls are available for reassignment, say, to 1150 in Boston...and
>> wouldn't THAT be nifty? :-)
>
> It would.  Do people from that company read this forum?  Is there some
> other way to let them know?

Why would Salem be interested in spending effort, time and whatever
money is involved on the bureaucracy of doing that? The programming
currently on 1150 has nothing to do with any of the formats ever on
the old WCOP, and even if a relatively small number of listeners may
remember the calls, I'm sure that switching to them wouldn't increase
their revenues any nowadays.

Salem is a national Christian company which runs either religious
formats (such as on their 590 WEZE and 950 WROL), or conservative
political talk stations couched in pseudo-religious platitudes, such
as their WTTT 1150.

I remember the old WCOP as being Top 40 and then Country. I doubt
Salem would have any interest in either of those for 1150.

Eli Polonsky