Nashua Telegraph writer on Nashua Radio

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Sun Jan 16 12:25:48 EST 2005

Garrett Wollman wrote:

>I've always felt that a good definition of "local service" for a
>commercial station would be making spot time available for local
>businesses and especially local political campaigns.
>
>-GAWollman

A local station that lacks local spots could explain it away as due to
insufficient "spot time" or avails. Or... they may want to consider that
if they have nothing to offer the local community, that advertisers may
wish to save their money for other media.  Advertisers don't make a
station local. Local stations can attract advertisers.  And "numbers"
need not be a factor since word of mouth, business associations and
local presence in good will efforts can for a basis for success.

Bill O'Neill