WWNZ-1400 on air

Daniel Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Jan 16 11:48:18 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rod O'Connor" <rjoc@webtv.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 8:40 AM
Subject: WWNZ-1400 on air

> I haven't had a chance to listen much, as they barely make it down here to
> Mount Desert Island. In fact, I get Biddeford's 1400 with Music of Your
> Life with a much better
> signal, and somebody else is also on 1400, way underneath the jumble.

There is an AM station in Augusta on 1400.  Cumulus simulcasts a nostalgia
format on 1400 in Augusta and 1490 in Waterville.

I think there used to be other stations in Maine on 1400.  AM stations went
dark in Farmington, Dover-Foxcroft, and Aroostook County.  I think some of
these stations were on 1400 and 1490.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine