Nashua Telegraph writer on Nashua Radio

Dave Faneuf tklaundry@juno.com
Thu Jan 13 21:41:54 EST 2005

John Bolduc n1qgs@yahoo.com  wrote:
"If people want to find out about the local fire or weather emergencies
and
the local broadcast stations isn't reporting these items they can always
listen to the fire buff or fire department channels. Remember when a
scanner was a radio and not a photo copier".

Remember when over the air broadcasters provided local news that included
local police, fire and weather emergencies?
The same lack of COL commitment that the article in Nashua outlines can
be said of Lowell, Lawrence and a number of other communities that used
to be served by multiple radio stations.
I remember when a scanner had nothing to do with a computer, but I also
remember when local radio meant local radio!
df