[B-R-I] Re: WFPB Can Be Heard Clearly North Of Boston

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun Jan 9 13:07:35 EST 2005

>From: "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <Kaimbridge@programmer.net>
>To: "B-R-I" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
>Subject: [B-R-I] Re: WFPB Can Be Heard Clearly North Of Boston
>Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 20:42:26 +0000

> The esteemed Laurence Glavin from Methuen wrote,
>
> > U-Mass Boston's AM repeater, WFPB-AM 1170 in Orleans, MA usually
> > has very little signal north of Boston.  It's a directional station
> > that currently protects WDIS (as in dismal) in Norfolk.
>            <snip>
> > Anyway, at this very minute, 12:55 pm est 01/08/05, WFPB
> > is quite audible north of Boston.
>
> Yup, same here, up in Beverly--with the radio aimed in the right
> direction, WFPB is probably 5-10 times stronger than normal (about
> equal to Quincy's WJDA-?)!

It's happening again today (01/09) and I can get it quite well on
my car radio driving even city streets;  on the the highway it
obliterates WDIS (not that there's anything wrong with that).