FW: A Letter From The Program Director Of Love FM (WZMR Albany NY) - The Death of Smooth Jazz in the Capitol District

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Wed Jan 5 23:27:02 EST 2005

Well here's the death of the Smooth Jazz format in the Albany market.  At
least it held out longer than Boston.  I get a kick out of the comment about
nobody becoming unemployed.   What they didn't say was that the station was
entirely voice tracked with talent from other properties.  It explains why
no one was going to be unemployed.

I think that the final straw was that they bastardized the format from a
straight Smooth Jazz to a syrupy AC format.

Oh well, at least I still have XM...

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
77 Walnut St - Ste 4