New calls for 700 Orange MA

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Wed Jan 5 07:18:56 EST 2005

Didn't WCAT drop the leased Spanish format once they were bought by
Northeast Broadcasting? I know they were simulcasting an English format
with WGAW for about a year. Have they gone back to a foreign language
format?

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf
Of Steve West
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:29 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: RE: New calls for 700 Orange MA

>We've had "Bob", "Alice", and "Jack"--could this be the sign of
>a new "Joe" format? :)

I rather doubt much of anything they could change to would be a success.

With WJDF having all the local support, 700 is pretty much dead in the
water
unless 700 can actually serve the community somehow.  I don't even know
if
they are making money with Radio Adoni, although on a visit to the
station a
year ago, I was told that the shows were all paid for by those on the
air -
just like most religious stations, and that it was at least breaking
even.
I doubt they will change, but have no idea why the callsign flip.