New calls for 700 Orange MA

Steve West stevewest106@hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 05:22:32 EST 2005

Actually, it's not the only calls they ever had.  For a time in the late
80s, 700 had the WPNS calls (for P&S Broadcasting).  Ownership reverted them
back to WCAT because people started calling it .... welll, you know.  :)

Prior to that, WCAT was on 1390.   Ordinarilly, I'd pine about history being
thrown away, but in this case I'm not sure there's much heritage to call
upon.  It was a good sounding local station until about 1984, although most
of any semblence of a staff was reduced to two, and a part timer in 1982,
and satellite service installed in 1984 (SMN).   The last couple of years
it's been Hispanic Christian, since they returned to the air just in time to
avoid deletion after the new tower was installed.

Embarassingly enough, I have an aircheck of me doing morning drive in 1983
there.  It's awful - can't believe I kept it hehe.

As Hendrix sang... "Hey Joe....