WCAP-AM Off The Air Right Now

Sid Whitaker sid.whitaker@unh.edu
Sat Feb 19 15:18:32 EST 2005

Quoting Laurence Glavin <lglavin@lycos.com>:

> In WCAP's absence, WZAN in Portland booms
> in here about 30 miles north of Boston, with just a little
> interference from the 970 in Southbridge, MA.

Apparently some of the 5kw Portland AMs throw a decent signal to the S-SW.
Some years ago, when I lived in Springfield, Mass. and worked at WHYN (560), we
went off the air one winter morning and we and faintly heard WGAN Portland.

 At 980 itself, I could pick up a sports
> station, but there was not a sation ID or commercial that
> hinted at the station's locale.  It could have been the
> 980 in Groton, CT or even WOFX(?) in Troy, NY.

I'm guessing WOFX, which runs sports and has a good ND signal daytime and throws
a solid beam due E at night.

SW