Possible quick fix for WSMN? (was Re: Farewell WSMN; 1590 Dialspot Silent in Nashua)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 16:30:08 EST 2005

Yup, I noticed it on my way to Manchester today.  Just
a faint signal from WARV and splatter from WUNR.
Question....  Now that the clock has started on WSMN's
one year silent period, could they possibly run...
say, 250 watts/ND on the 900/Nashua tower to keep the
license active until a more permanent solution could
be found?  Obviously, this is a "special" circumstance
in the eyes of the FCC, due to encroachment of an old
antenna array. Any thoughts?

73,

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

--- Laurence Glavin <lglavin@lycos.com> wrote:

> Shortly after the story ran that WSMN was being shut
> down
> in the Nashua Telegraph, I posted an item to the
> effect that
> the station was still transmitting an unmodulated
> carrier.
> This went on for several days, but when I did my
> Saturday
> morning radio pass today, AM 1590 was silent except
> for a faint
> signal from WARV-AM, West Warwick RI (I didn't catch
> the
> call letters, but it was running commercial
> "religion")
> and splatter from WUNR.  So at least temporarily, an
> era has ended.
>
> --
> Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow
> Pages

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts