Wall Street Week/Fortune

Damon Cassell dcassell@gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:03:51 EST 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:43:49 -0500, Daniel Billings
<billings@suscom-maine.net> wrote:

> They never once mentioned the small number of subscribers to put
> the business in perspective.

Sirius is now at just over 1 million, and I think XM is at almost 3.5
million. I just read the numbers last night but don't presently have
them handy. Yes, this is a small number in the grand scheme of things
but if you look at the trend, it's taking off. Both Sirius and XM have
big draws that haven't even come into play yet: Sirius has Stern and
the NFL coming over and XM will have the MLB. You can bet that there
will be more competition between the two to upstage the other in terms
of attractions.

Damon