WSMN Goes dark

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Feb 1 18:18:30 EST 2005

At 05:57 PM 2/1/2005, you wrote:
>   The Nashua NH Telegraph reports that WSMN (1590 Nashua) went dark at 6
> PM last night.and apparently is for sale, but the new owners will have to
> find a new studio and transmitter location as the current WSMN studio and
> transmitter site will be bulldozed shortly to make room for new houses.

This was coming for a long time, wasn't it?

Dan Strassberg, how much power do you think 1590 could run ND-D from a
single unobtrusive tower somewhere? I can't imagine that they can get a new
DA built in a year (or, likely, ever) - and the clock is now ticking
towards the deletion of the license on 1/31/06 unless they find a way to
get back from some sort of temporary facility before that.

I'm about to share the news with Mrs. NERW, who looks back on WSMN as the
station that drove her completely out of radio in the early 90s...I don't
expect any tears to be shed :-)