Subject: Re: 102.5 to Spanish? Nahhh.....

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Mon Dec 19 03:57:02 EST 2005

> > From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
> CC: boston Radio Interest
> <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
> To: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@csail.mit.edu>,
> <bradfordwood@comcast.net>
> Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:31:37 -0500
> Subject: Re: 102.5 to Spanish?  Nahhh.....
>
> What am I missing? 102.5-10.7=91.8. Is 102.5 prevented from moving
> to the
> Pru by WUMB in Quincy and various low-power 91.7s that ring Boston?
> If so, does this limitation make any sense?

I recall seeing a graphic illustration of the problem that can be
caused by receiving stations on interfering IF frequencies.

I visited a friend with a Technics digital tuning stereo receiver
who lived in a location where WFNX 101.7 and WBUR 90.9 came in
just about equally strong, and because the location was on a hill,
the signal strength for both stations was strong at the receiver.

This receiver produced a mix of WFNX and WBUR audio when tuned to
ANY spot on the FM dial on which there wasn't another strong local
station.

EP