WEEI gives Adams the slot

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 12:51:21 EST 2005

Didn't know it was "one of the oldest stunts in the book". Whatever
they're doing seems to
be working, though; the latest 12 + ratings put them at #1. Though
interest in the Sox
must be a major factor (that, and talking about them...and the Pats).

But I think Adams did a good job with it, personally, but I think
Adams is funny and a lot
more enjoyable to listen to than Sarandis was.

One of my co-workers tells me she loves stuff like the Whiner Line on
WEEI--she'll
be listening while driving and start laughing so hard that tears come
down her face
(careful, Laurie! Remember you're driving! :) )...some of their
listeners come up with
funny bits, imitations, songs, etc. They're doing a good job, I feel,
and that--plus
our devotion to the Sox--is reflected in the ratings.