Charles River Broadcasting Puts Its Stations Up For Sale

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:43:38 EST 2005

Classical 107.3, WAAF 102.5? Not to be... (read on...)

Herald article, linked below,, rules out Entercom and
CBS Radio  as the suitors. The article says that had Entercom been
successful they would have moved WAAF to 102.5 and 107.3 would be classical.
But nope...in which case, classical radio in Boston may be even more of a lame
duck than Willard Mitt Romney.

>> Entercom Communications Corp., the powerhouse that runs WEEI, WRKO,
MIKE FM and WAAF locally, made a serious run but came in below the top
bidder. Entercom liked WCRB's strong FM signal, but was apparently
more interested in buying ABC Radio from the Walt Disney Co. — which
by the way, Entercom is expected to successfully accomplish.

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessNews/view.bg?articleid=117118&format=text