Fybush: AAR to 1390 (Burl VT), country to 93.7

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 22:34:18 EDT 2005

to which Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> replied:

> 1070's a daytimer, which is no fun in Vermont (or
> Plattsburgh, where it's
> actually located) in December. Even when it's on the
> air, 1070 is a lousy
> signal on the Vermont side, with 5 kW from a short
> tower. 1390 is also 5
> kW, day and night, from three towers right in
> Burlington. It's a far more
> potent signal on the Vermont side. IIRC, it's not
> especially impressive in
> Plattsburgh, particularly at night.

Although its been a few years now since I've lived in
Plattsburgh, I can echo Scott's sentiments about AM
1070, even when on the air, being an absolutely
atrocious signal not only in Vermont, but even in its
own COL of Plattsburgh.  I can't understand, for the
life of me, why that facility hasn't just been donated
to SUNY Plattsburgh, given thats about the only
organization that I can think of up there that might
be able to actually make something even remotely
useful out of it.  As far as WKDR ... err WVAA (I
guess old habits die hard), I've honestly never tried
to listen to them at night in Plattsburgh so I can't
vouch for their night signal there, but during the day
1390 puts a very respectable signal over Plattsburgh
and the immediate area south of town (never tried to
get it north of town though, day or night).

                                Matt Osborne
                                Schenectady, NY