It is by General Order 52 that we tell you the following is a playerpiano

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Mon Aug 29 16:49:47 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
To: "John Bolduc" <n1qgs@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: It is by General Order 52 that we tell you the following is a	playerpiano
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:50:26 -0400

> Back in the 50s (40s, too, I think), the announcement had to be made at the
> beginning or end of each broadcast that used recorded music (maybe beginning
> AND end), but I gather that certain music was exempted--perhaps considered
> to be sound effects. For example, I don't recall ever hearing "transcribed"
> in any of the Trendall-Campbell-Moore productions that originated at WXYZ
> Detroit--Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Challenge of the Yukon, et al. Each used
> an orchestral recording of a classical selection as its theme--Rossini's
> William Tell Overture, Kreissler's? Flight of the Bumble Bee, Resnicek's
> Donna Diana Overture. (I'm sure that Mr Glavin will make the necessary edits
> to that list ;>)
Much too easy;  "The Flight of the Bumblebee" recording that opened "The
Green Hornet" was an orchestral arrangement of a piano piece by
Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov (one guy, not: theme by Rimsky/arranged by
Korsakov).  You got Emil von Reznicek right except for the spelling...
nuts, the theme is now playing in my head and can't get it out:
Dah-dah-dah-Dah dah-Dah-de-DAH...