Weather Channel logo, programming

Rod O'Connor rjoc@webtv.net
Tue Aug 16 11:01:45 EDT 2005

I noticed it yesterday. Was in Ontario last week visiting friends and enjoyed "The Weather Network" Canada's version of TWC. Very similar format and style.

As for TWC here in Maine, I think they do a very good job of showing and warning of severe weather. They even have an annoying (which it should be) beep that comes on before any red scrawl announcing severe weather.

My only complaint is that the local weather is only given for Bangor.
Being in Southwest Harbor, 45 miles away, the conditons are just about useless for us here along the coast. In the summer Bangor is usually 10-20 degrees warmer, and in the winter just the opposite. Being a weather-watcher I have a weather station and can keep track of local conditons. But I'm sure 90-percent of the viewers don;t follow conditons as close as I do.

But, all in all, I think they do a pretty good jopb, although I could survive with a few less re-runs of Storm Stories.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine