'80s music, album tracks on WDRC-FM

SteveOrdinetz hykker@grolen.com
Fri Aug 12 21:58:56 EDT 2005

Howard Glazer wrote:
>WDRC-FM Hartford has introduced some surprising new material to its
>music mix over the past couple of weeks. Last week, I heard Bruce
>Springsteen's "Rosalita" and Van Morrison's "Tupelo Honey," neither of
>which were singles.

I'm pretty sure the Van Morrison tune was released on a single, though it
wasn't much of a hit.  Was "Rosalita" a big T-40 hit in Hartford?  It seems
a very odd choice...not an especially familiar tune...you don't even hear
it much on classic rock stations.

>So what's going on here? A creeping transition to  "Jack"-type format or
>just one of those periodic playlist tweaks we've seen from this station
>over the years?

Sounds like a PD who's setting things up for a down fall book.