Can WBZ's management/Viacom et al, be sued?

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Wed Aug 10 18:39:19 EDT 2005

Dave Faneuf writes:

>> I would like to take a different tact.

Suppose "hypothetically" that WBZ, or pick your favorite radio broadcast
news outlet, had launched an investigation involving the Boston FBI or
Massport, etc. in July 2001 instead of July 2005.

"Hypothetically" in August 2001 WBZ, or pick your favorite radio
broadcast news outlet, got the finished product back from its reporter
and it showed there was a problem at the Boston FBI or Massport, but the
powers that be at WBZ or pick your favorite radio broadcast news outlet
decided to hold the story from broadcast in order to release it during
the fall book.

On September 11, 2001, well we know what happened.

Here is my question.

Given the hypothetical I outlined, would, could, or should the manager(s)
at WBZ or pick your favorite radio broadcast news outlet that decided to
withhold "my hypothetical" story in order to release it at a time that
could benefit their station in the ratings, and ultimately financially,
be brought up on civil or criminal charges? <<