Arbitron Ratings For Portland Out; WLVP Tanks

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Mon Aug 8 20:43:52 EDT 2005

At 06:02 PM 8/8/2005 -0500, Laurence Glavin wrote:
>The Arbitron ratings for Portland, ME are available at allaccess.com,
>and the numbers for WLVP-AM 870 sank like a stone.

The markets where AAR seem to be doing best are in Red States.  Btw, when I
was in Portland a couple of weeks ago, the station didn't seem to be airing
the full AAR schedule-- maybe they pick and choose?  Meanwhile, what
irritates me as a consultant is that I hear a number of things AAR is doing
wrong that they should be doing better [note to ideologues on the list--
this is NOT about right wing versus left wing-- it's a comment about doing
interesting radio shows versus doing boring ones]; but every time I try to
approach the AAR executives, they say they have it handled and they know
what they are doing and they don't need any help... sigh...