Herald: WBZ fires Jonic after FBI story flap

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 15:35:31 EDT 2005

> Oh, what a steaming pile of crap that is!  Conservatives love to throw
> the word ""terrorism" around as an excuse to scare people, muzzle the
> alleged "liberal media" and chip away at freedom of the press.  Look,
> if that story was to air, I'm sure the FBI could make arrangements to
> address the problems and beef up security in compromised areas within
> hours.

You are sure of that?  You're an authority on the FBI, their strengths and
practices?

> The real story is that the right wing federal government is...

The real story is that Flo Jonic was insubordinate to her superiors and was
fired.

It has nothing to do with right/left wing politics.

> They intimidated WBZ into caving.

Gee, I wasn't aware that you were in on that phone call.

> That should scare the crap out of
> any newsperson no matter what your political leanings are.

The reality is that every reporter has an editor, news director or publisher
who makes the final decisions as to what should be printed and broadcast and
what should not.

> Lets see, the government intimidating the fourth estate....sounds like
> the old Soviet Union to me.....

There is no indication that they enganged in "intimidating".

They simply made a request.   And, WBZ saw it as reasonable.

End of story.