Herald: WBZ fires Jonic after FBI story flap

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 14:33:43 EDT 2005

Oh, what a steaming pile of crap that is!  Conservatives love to throw
the word ""terrorism" around as an excuse to scare people, muzzle the
alleged "liberal media" and chip away at freedom of the press.  Look,
if that story was to air, I'm sure the FBI could make arrangements to
address the problems and beef up security in compromised areas within
hours.   The real story is that the right wing federal government is
trying to cover their asses after woefully underfunding homeland
security over the last couple of years. This story makes them look bad.
They intimidated WBZ into caving.  That should scare the crap out of
any newsperson no matter what your political leanings are.

Lets see, the government intimidating the fourth estate....sounds like
the old Soviet Union to me.....

--Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"