Can Presque Isle Support A 50KW AM Station?

Cooper Fox fox893@yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 19:24:39 EDT 2005

> aside, even 20 years ago, the AM covered a lot of
> cities and towns in
> Northern Maine, and the sales dept was trying to
> sell it like a regional
> station.  Is there enough business in a bad economy?
>  That I cannot answer,
> but the owners must think so or they wouldn't have
> spent the money...

Right now, you can usually pick them up as far south
as just north of houlton.  With 50KW they'd cover all
of Aroostook with a heckuva signal.  I think there's
enough business in the area...  The citadel cluster up
there seems to do well.  They'd have the talk radio
market cornered, too  I believe WVOM is the closest
talk radio signal.  It's just a matter of running an
operation with a low overhead.