AirAmerica will no longer be on Sirius

Larry Lovering news@southstation.org
Sat Apr 16 10:07:23 EDT 2005

 I had a Gates turntable that played at 16 2/3 RPM.  Back in the 40s, radio
programs often came on 16" records recorded at 16 2/3.  They were called
"transcriptions," hence the term "transcription table."

My BSR and Garrard turntables also had 16 2/3 as a speed choice, back in the
70s.

-Larry Lovering
The Radio Workshop