Entercom flips Star 93.7 to Mike

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 15 10:47:06 EDT 2005

>I would imagine that the station will at least have a morning show.
>Many of these "variety" stations are jockless, but most have a morning
>show, even if it's just a time and temp jock.  The station in San Diego
>that just flipped to the format kept their heritage morning show.  A
>couple of Jacks in Canada have full jock staffs, at least from 6a-7p.
>I doubt that Entercom is in any hurry to put together an airstaff, but
>they may have to have some presence in morning drive.

Ironically, WBOS is now trying just the opposite tack.  Starting this
week, their morning show (6am to 10am) is "all music" (and ads, of course,
along with prerecorded liners touting their all-music mornings) and no
jocks.  The remainder of the weekday, though, they do have an announcer.
Same playlist as before, or so it seems.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu