Entercom flips Star 93.7 to Mike

David Tomm nostaticatall@comcast.net
Thu Apr 14 17:15:43 EDT 2005

According to the R&R website, the morning team of Ralphie Marino &
Karen Blake, along with middayer Mike McGowan were all let go.  There
was no word on afternooner Diana Steele (Lady D) or night jock Marc
Clark but chances are they're gone too.  The station is still doing
their disco show next week.  It will be interesting to see who emcees
it.  As it is, traffic reporter Frankie Foxx, a Metro Traffic employee
voiced the format introduction promo.  Maybe she'll bring Donna Summer
on stage.

I would imagine that the station will at least have a morning show.
Many of these "variety" stations are jockless, but most have a morning
show, even if it's just a time and temp jock.  The station in San Diego
that just flipped to the format kept their heritage morning show.  A
couple of Jacks in Canada have full jock staffs, at least from 6a-7p.
I doubt that Entercom is in any hurry to put together an airstaff, but
they may have to have some presence in morning drive.

--Dave