Hello, _New England_ This Is Howie Carr

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 01:05:04 EST 2005

From: "Bob Nelson"

> Maybe it can be blamed on:
>
> --Howie's regional focus (do folks in Wichita care about Menino?). He
tried to do national but it just didn't work

He does very little Menino or anything local between 3 and 6.

The 6PM hour is his "local hour".  (Which wouldn't be inappropriate for
another New England station to take...but do any of them take it?)

But I think you're right.  Outside of New England, and his knowlegdge of New
England issues, (i.e...Whitey, Hacks, State House, Menino...), is there
anything that makes him a good talk host (in general)?

Anything that makes him a compelling show in Madison or Deluth?

In those markets I would assume he's just another generic talk show host.

But in all fairness, I don't think ABC radio really pushed to market his
show (as they do with Hannity).

And SupeRadio never has agresively marketed anything (beyond John G's Open
House Party).

I would assume the New England affiliates he gets are almost by default.