WLLH-AM's Lowell Transmitter Still Off-the-air

Gary's Ice Cream gary@garysicecream.com
Sat Apr 2 20:14:22 EST 2005

I talked with David Collins (GM of Mega-Boston) on Monday and told him of
the transmitter outage.  He said "I just found out about that this morning -
it will be back on later today <meaning last Monday> - but it is still off.
Rumors I've heard are that the ESPN programming is just a day or 2 away from
starting on both stations.

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bill O'Neill
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:14 PM
To: Laurence Glavin
Cc: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: WLLH-AM's Lowell Transmitter Still Off-the-air

Laurence Glavin wrote:

>The
>Lawrence stick (usually 'stick' is used metaphorically, but in this
>case it's fairly accurate) still provided a pretty good signal along
>the swollen-but-not-over-its-banks Merrimack River in Lowell.

The Lawrence stick on a roof in Lawrence is still getting it done?
Who'd a thunkit?  The Lowell site is fairly new by radio standards. I have
to agree that Mega is playing out the string on a shoestring.
WeLieLikeHeck is in for a challenge capturing local dollars for bird sports
in a market with some of the best sports talk in the biz only 26 miles SSE.
IMHO.

Bill O'Neill