Ratings question

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sat Apr 2 13:48:16 EST 2005

>>I know they're gone now too, but didn't Birch & Willhight use call-out
for
their ratings?  Willhight was around thru at least the mid-90s.  I had a

call from a (no doubtedly short-lived) "alternative" rating service in
the
mid-late 90s asking for my radio listenership.  Oddly, they never asked
if
I worked for a broadcast or media company (I did).  Needless to say, I
listened faithfully to my own airshift from start to finish.<<

IIRC, B&W used a combination of techniques to gather data, with phone
calls being one of them. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did,
since Arbitron had knocked off virtually all meaningful competition by
the 1980s.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WQSX - WRKO - WVEI