Ratings question

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Sat Apr 2 02:16:20 EST 2005

At 01:12 AM 4/2/2005, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>If the ratings services call a listener, and the listener, without
>identifying call letters, says,
>"I'm listening to Air America," what does the ratings service record?

As long as WKOX/WXKS has registered "Air America" with Arbitron (and they
have - the station name on file with Arbitron is
"PROGRESSIVETALKAIRAMERICA" for WKOX and "AIRAMERICAPROGRESSIVETALK" for
WXKS) and the diarykeeper is in the Boston market, the credit should go to
WKOX or WXKS. I'm guessing that a diary that just reads "Air America" would
be credited specifically to WXKS, since it appears first in that station's
name, but that's purely a guess.