The "Bay" is now "Frank"

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Apr 1 11:33:49 EST 2005

Peter wrote---

>I would agree (as several others here will as well) that the older
>populations are not given the same attention as are those under 55.

The problem is that ad agency research shows the 55+ audience doesn't
change products quickly nor try some of the brands that the agencies are
pushing.  The largest advertisers are those who often prefer what they
believe is a more "flexible" demographic. SO, even if the older audience
has money to spend, because they don't spend it on Bud Light or on the
newest electronic gadgetry, there is no point in trying to reach them, say
the agencies.  It's a dumb argument, but it's still what drives many of the
time buyers.