The "Bay" is now "Frank"

Rod O'Connor rjoc@webtv.net
Fri Apr 1 07:44:54 EST 2005

With absolutely no warning,no stunting, and no pomotional hype,  the "Music of Your Life" on WBYA 105.5 Islesboro came to a halt yesterday.

As of last evening "The Bay" became
"The MidCoast's new #1 for Classic Hits 105.5 Frank-FM"

That makes at least 3 "Classic Hits" for the Penobscot Bay/Bangor/Mount Desert Island region: "The Peak" WKSS 102.5  Camden; Frank 105.5, and "I-95"WWMJ 95.7 which shifted from oldies to Classic Hits in January.

As for standards, the only station locally
left for the format is WDEA-1370 with ABC's Timeless Classics satellite feed.

Just heard them give their new website:  www.1055frank.com  They are now IDi'ng
as WBYA Islesboro Rockland Belfast.

I guess it's "Hello Frank, Good Bye Frank Sinatra...

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine