Scott Muni Has Passed Away

dlh@donnahalper.com dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Sep 29 22:02:22 EDT 2004

Mark wrote--
>    All Access reports that legendary New York City radio personality Scott
> Muni passed away last night at the age of 74.

The NY Times has his obit, from Associated Press, but I am sure by tomorrow, they will write one up.  I knew Scott for many years.  He was always kind to me and I will miss him.  As I said on another list, he was one of the last of that style of announcer who saw being a d.j. as an art; he related to the listener in a very knowledgeable way without acting superior and without talking down to anyone.  I wonder how he felt about the changes that occurred in radio during the many years that he was in album rock...