Charlie Austin

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Sep 21 11:02:29 EDT 2004

Some of you have received this mailing from Len Zola, but I hope we can all
help out-- Charlie is a long-time local newsguy, and a dear human being who
survived cancer and was doing well till this happened.  It would be nice if
we could help his family, and for those who are religious, please keep him
in your prayers.

Len Zola of the Media Gang wrote:  "...Charlie Austin suffered another
stroke a few weeks ago. He has not regained consciousness and his doctors
don't know if, or when, he will.

In the meantime, his family is renting an apartment near Mass. General to
be at his side around the clock. While Charlie has medical coverage, his
wife, Linda, has confided in friends that other living expenses have become
astronomical.
Staffers at Channels 4 and 5 are able to make personal cash donations to
help defray these costs via, respectively, Liz Walker and Sue Wornick.

If you'd like to help, too, I suggest you write a check to "Charlie Austin"
(his wife will deposit it to their account) and send it to either of the
above (Liz is at WBZ-TV, 1170 Soldiers Field Rd, Allston, MA 02134, and
Susan is at WCVB-TV, 5 TV Place, Needham, MA 02194..."