Entercom flips NY talker to Air America

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Sat Sep 18 03:16:29 EDT 2004

>>WROC had been doing the Ingraham/O'Reilly/Hannity thing for about a year and a half without making a dent in the ratings against the big gun of WHAM

Wonder if WHAM will pick up any of them? Hannity is #2 nationwide;
Savage #4 (in Talkers survey). Could be they (those shows) just need to be on a stronger signal, indeed.

>>Is Rochester especially liberal? Not really. The city, like any big northeastern city, votes reliably Democratic year after year, but Monroe County surrounding it is majority Republican and the outlying counties are solidly Republican.

Was kinda going by what was said in a radio-info post.

Air America could be interesting with the right hosts; heard a few minutes of Ed Schultz via tape (someone sent me) and it didn't
seem too bad. I don't know if I could take Franken--his voice
and sense of humor don't connect with me...As I said before
Stephanie Miller wasn't bad. She's not officially on AA but some
stations might consider running her (9-noon ET).