WDEA-1370 STILL off the air.

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Sep 15 15:46:20 EDT 2004

<<On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:19:20 -0400, "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> said:

> Seems to me both WKBR and WNEB were off the air for quite a bit
> longer before Bob revived them.  And wasn't WRPT silent for many
> years before it was moved to Ashland at 650?  And how about 1060 in
> Natick?

The rules at the time Bob bought WKBR allowed stations to be off the
air indefinitely, with the Commission's approval (usually given).
This was before the Telecom Act of '96 codified the automatic
expiration of a license for failure to operate after one year.
Langer got 650 on the air just under the wire for the initial
grandfather period.

-GAWollman