Clueless people

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Mon Oct 18 06:53:06 EDT 2004

Steve West wrote:

> I gotta chuckle over this one.  What I don't 'get' is why anyone would
> pay for an education to get into an industry that will only return
> minimum wages, at least for the first few years.  I'd tell both of you
> to steer clear and go find a job that pays!!!
>
> I love radio, mind you, but this ain't the same radio biz I got into
> in 1980.

The new generation of radio people will have the same lack of
perspective that we had, in 1980, about radio in the late 50s. I agree
that a job that pays is a good thing, but, if someone is ever going to
get that great ride on the radio wheel, then it had better be on the
front-end of their career when money is less important.

Bill O'Neill