How many on this list knew THIS?

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Oct 17 07:52:34 EDT 2004

A friend sent this to me. There are lots of stories about lots of high-power
AM rigs, and broadcast engineers seem to love to tell and retell those
stories. He's such a story. I had never heard it before despite its VERY
local twist.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367

------

From: "Grady Moates" <lists@loudandclean.com>
To: <radio-tech@broadcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RT] RE: MW 50A F.S. eBay WABC 770 (Bobby Gray)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:23:01 -0400

We have the MW-50 that WRKO-AM was playing top-40 through
back in the early '70's at WBIX, Business1060.  It's still got their
inventory tag on it, too.  It's got some of the upgrades in it, but it's
still running a tube for a snubber. . .

The move from 680 to 1060 was non-trivial, but straight-forward
enough that I could do it  (c:    But (get this) the RF PA we are using
is the same one that was in it when it left the RKO site in the
latter half of the '90's!  Good thing I don't need more than 40 kW
out of her, and she gets to relax every night!

Grady

Grady Moates

Owner, LOUD & Clean Broadcast Science