Ch. 5 and Sox; Yanks not on WEEI

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 16:44:53 EDT 2004

 Bob Nelson wrote:

> Didn't know of this till I was doing some channel flipping, but >it looks
like Ch. 5 is carrying ESPN's feed of the Red Sox in >the division series so
those without cable can still see the Sox. >Not surprising...the whole
ESPN/ABC
> connection, as seen when the Pats have a Sunday night >ESPN game.

    When WCVB (Channel 5) carries the ESPN broadcasts of the Patriots'
Sunday night games, those games also air on co-owned WMUR (Channel 9
Manchester NH). However, the rules for carrying ESPN's football over the air
must not be the same for baseball, as the Red Sox game is only available
over the air on Channel 5.

Mark Watson