AA in early 60's style two-station AM stereo!

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Sun Oct 3 10:24:39 EDT 2004

I noticed this, too, and (probably incorrectly) thought that when a stereo record was presented on a mono signal it "chose" one speaker
and that's all you got.

In many records of the 60s you had good stereo separation-- or at
least it was interesting to hear in headphones, especially, with
vocals on one spkr or the other; some instruments in one,
some the other, etc. I used to make tapes doing "extended" or
"alternate" versions of songs like the Beatles "Hey Bulldog"
or the Rutles' (Beatles-spoofing band) "Doubleback Alley";
by using a Y-adapter and taking the output from one speaker (off
phono or CD) and bridging it onto both speakers of the cassette
input.