Postscript on WBIX--that mysterious $4 million

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Thu Nov 18 20:46:06 EST 2004

I estimate that the cost of acquiring the then-dark 1060 CP, buying WRPT
(which was then licensed to 1050 and had to be moved to allow the 1060
signal upgrade from the WKOX site), upgrading WBIX's daytime signal, adding
the night signal, and operating 1060 as WMEX for about a year probably cost
Alex Langer about $4 million give or take. I wonder whether Langer might
have retained ownership of WBIX's transmitting facilities--albeit not the
land or towers. The daytime site and towers belong to Clear Channel and the
night site and towers belong (I think) to Mega--unless Mega leases the
Sewell St site from somebody else.

If Langer retained ownsehip of the transmitters, phasing uinits, and the
buildings that were added at Sewell St in connection with the night signal,
the dollar figures in my previous message would all kind of make sense.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367