WPAA - GONE!

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 01:57:44 EST 2004

From: "Scott Fybush"

> According to today's FCC Daily Digest, WPAA's license has been cancelled
> and its callsign deleted, after - and I quote - "Licensee indicates off
air
> 12 consecutive months."
>
> Even given the political connections that the licensee in question appears
> to have, that particular cause for license deletion is as close to a
"death
> penalty" situation as the FCC has.

Merrimack College had it's license deleted as well years ago.

I think this says something about young people...and how little interest
they have in radio.

It must seem like "ancient technology" to them.

...and I would guess they haven't been exposed to any programming that
"wowed" them and could inspire them to do something valuable with airtime.