Air America

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Tue Nov 9 00:29:53 EST 2004

On 8 Nov 2004 at 5:14, Michael J.King Sr. wrote:

> I seem to recall at least three reputable Florida newspapers counted the
> votes after the elections and found that Bush had indeed won. Not to
> mention it has been four years I think it might be time to let it go and
> move on. Just my thoughts and YMMV.  Later.Mike

My understanding was that they found that if the votes were counted the way Gore wanted,
Bush won.  But if the votes were counted the way the Florida Supreme Court ordered, then it
would depend on the decision of the judge supervising the count as to how certain disputed
ballots were to be counted.

Gore only asked for a recount in certain counties where he thought he was strong.  The
Florida Supreme Court ordered a statewide recount, under the supervision of a single judge,
so that there would be a single set of criteria for all ballots.  The US Supreme Court blocked
that recount on the ground that there were no uniform criteria.

Stephanie Miller this morning gave a couple of Websites concerning the issue of the validity
of the vote count this time:  http://blackboxvoting.org and http://stolenelection2000.com .
The latter is still under construction.