Buck-aye?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@myway.com
Wed Nov 3 11:19:47 EST 2004

>>Coverage last night, TV-wise, seemed to go with Fox, spin aside.  CNN had that tedious set, MSNBC was bombarded by signs and hoots. Fox stuck with a very low-key Brit Hume and a round table.

I flipped through the channels; Rather was very cautious in calling states for a certain candidate ("would rather be late than
inaccurate"). Hume was indeed low-key...and yes, a couple channels
decided to do the "Today Show" approach with sign-carrying partisans
outside trying to be seen.

Concerned mostly with the national picture, I didn't watch much of the local cut-ins (did notice Ch. 9 and its coverage of the upset
in the NH gov. race). I don't think there was much drama in the
US Rep. races here. Two people that made me change the channel:
Susan Estrich (for her voice) and James Carville (for his face and
his voice). Lots of "playbook strategy" sessions with the likes
of George Stephanopolos: "If Bush wins X and Y, and Kerry wins Z,
then..." (the electoral vote scenaries)...