[Forum] Re: Air America Radio Remote in Maine

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Tue Nov 2 23:34:07 EST 2004

>Steve wrote--
>
>Local breaks are triggered by either relay closures or subaudible tones
>(25 or 35 Hz).  It's not uncommon for the network to miss sending the
>closure/tone.  Tones add their own set of complications...if they're too
>low in level, the decoder on the affiliate's automation may not detect
>them reliably.

Ah but earlier today, I was listening to Air America and around 12.15 or
so, an EAS test came in right over their programming-- doesn't somebody
warn you before an EAS test is due to be broadcast?