[Forum] Re: Air America Radio Remote in Maine

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Tue Nov 2 22:06:25 EST 2004

Laurence Glavin wrote:

> > Is WLVP "careless about breaking away" or is AA careless with what
> > gets birdfed to the affiliates?  P=|
> >
> >      ~Kaimbridge~
> >
>I don't know.  You tell me...do other networks, whether talk
>shows or spectator-sports PBP send out programming material
>of the originating statioon?

Most networks cover the local breaks in the event affiliates don't have all
local breaks filled.  Sometimes it's PSAs, other times local spots from the
flagship.

Local breaks are triggered by either relay closures or subaudible tones (25
or 35 Hz).  It's not uncommon for the network to miss sending the
closure/tone.  Tones add their own set of complications...if they're too
low in level, the decoder on the affiliate's automation may not detect them
reliably.