WWZN / Celtics - Bill Griffith Column

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Sat May 29 19:28:43 EDT 2004

  Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> What would be a good fill-in-the gap station for (WWZN and) the Celtics
> games?
>
> How about WCRN?  WXLO?  to the West?

   I thought WORC (1310 Worcester) carried the Celtics, unless they dumped
them. Then WCRN (830 Worcester) would be the one to get them. I can't see
WXLO (104.5 Fitchburg) cutting into their Hot AC format to pick up the
games.

> WCAP or WNNW(800AM) to the North?

    WCAP (980 Lowell) may have some schedule conflicts with Lowell Lock
Monsters hockey if they were to join the Celtics network, so they wouldn't
be able to clear all the games.
   WNNW (800 Lawrence) probably wouldn't drop the Spanish music to carry the
games either. I do believe that WCCM (1490 Haverhill) carried most of the
Celtics games this past season, except on nights when local High School
sports or Merrimack College hockey broadcasts conflicted with Celtics games.

Mark Watson