WWZN / Celtics - Bill Griffith Column

Hakim Madjid hmadjid@yahoo.com
Sat May 29 14:44:52 EDT 2004

In this past Friday's Boston Globe, Bill Griffith, in
his 'SporTView' column also writes about the 1510 /
Celtics situation. However there are no revelations in
the Griffith column, that weren't already written by
Molori.

Suffice it to say, however, if I were the Celtics, I
would seriously consider exercising my escape clause,
given that 1510 can't devote the proper resources to
game broadcasts (i.e pre and post game show cutbacks
and so on). That combined with 1510s night time signal
coverage.

Griffith does bring up the possibility of the Cs
moving to WEEI or BZ (of course these respective
stations would have to find a sister outlet in the
event of Sox or Bruins conflicts).

I don't know, perhaps 96.9 would be interested in
picking up the Cs rights?