NPR's Ira Glass defends Howard Stern

Dave Faneuf tklaundry@juno.com
Thu May 13 21:54:37 EDT 2004

-- "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
I wondered about that when I wrote my original post, but I have to say that
NPR and WBUR appear to do everything in their power to confuse the public on
that issue. And if I am confused--consummate radio geek that I am--you can
be DAMNED sure, that 99% of public radio listeners are also confused. For
example,

   <snip to keep GW happy>
WBUR bills itself as Boston's NPR News Station because of its reliance on NPR News.  The only other Network News on the air is BBC World Service which is distributed by PRI.  TAL is produced by Chicago Public Radio and distributed by PRI.  Marketplace is produced by Minnesota Public Radio and distributed by PRI.  PRI is basically just a distribution network and I don't think it originates any programming itself, but I could be wrong about that last part.  So there is no  conspiracy at work here.
dave